Smoky Mountain Tomato Pie recipe is a favorite with the HeySmokies.com culinary crew. This savory pie will twang your buds!
- Four ripe tomatoes peeled and sliced
- Ten fresh basil leaves chopped
- Half cup of finely chopped green onions
- One nine inch pre-baked deep dish pie shell
- One cup of grated, smoked mozzarella cheese
- One cup of grated, extra sharp cheddar cheese
- One cup of mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tomatoes in colander in a single layer in the sink. Sprinkle tomatoes lightly with salt and allow to drain for at least ten minutes. Layer tomatoes, basil and onion in the pie shell. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the cheese and mayonnaise. Spread the cheese mixture over the tomatoes and bake for thirty minutes.
Pro Culinary Tip: If you are lucky enough to live in the Smoky Mountain region we recommend using delicious Grainger County tomatoes!